Welcome to the Palliser Economic Partnership (PEP), the Regional Economic Development Alliance (REDA) of Southeast Alberta. Founded in 2000, PEP is a regional alliance of communities and businesses that work together to enhance the area’s economic well-being. The Palliser Economic Partnership is made up of 33 appointed members representing 22 shareholders, who are comprised of municipalities and one college. The member municipalities represent a combined population of over 118,000 (2015).
“creative and diverse communities growing together in southeast Alberta.”
“to facilitate regional cooperation to position Southeast Alberta as an ideal location for business investment.”
“to assist communities in regional projects and economic development activities which cannot be completed by communities on their own.”
Core Focus Areas
- Marketing and Communications – Make Southeast Alberta globally competitive by marketing the region on a larger scale and promoting initiatives to attract investment. It is also vital to promote the Palliser Economic Partnership as an effective regional alliance and the region as a healthy place to live and do business.
- Regional Cooperation – Grow and build communities through capacity building and collaboration, ensuring strong, vibrant communities throughout the region.
- Business Investment – Encourage sustainable economic growth by supporting business retention, economic diversity, investment attraction, industry innovation, and technology adoption and commercialization.
PEP engages in key initiatives that benefit the entire region. These initiatives are driven by marketing the region, building capacity and cooperation within the region through learning and networking opportunities, and actively encouraging investment and business growth. PEP undertakes initiatives that are typically outside of the scope and reach of member municipalities to do on their own.
Recent and future planned initiatives fall into one of the following major regional drivers:
- Transportation and Logistics
- Supply Chain Development
- Eastern Alberta Trade Corridor
- Aerospace and Defence: UVS Sector
- Ports to Plains Alliance
For more information, review our Annual Reports or contact us at:
Walter Valentini, Executive Director
Palliser Economic Partnership
Medicine Hat, Alberta T1A 7H1
Toll Free: 1.877.226.7552
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org