Welcome to the Palliser Economic Partnership (PEP), the Regional Economic Development Alliance (REDA) of Southeast Alberta. Incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in 2001, PEP is a regional alliance of communities and businesses that work together to enhance the area’s economic well-being. The Palliser Economic Partnership is made up of 33 appointed members representing 22 shareholders, who are comprised of urban and rural municipalities and a post-secondary institution.
The organization is funded through per capita contributions from its member shareholders and through grants from the provincial and federal government.
“creative and diverse communities growing together in Southeast Alberta.”
“to facilitate regional cooperation to position Southeast Alberta as an ideal location for business investment.”
“to assist communities in regional projects and economic development activities which cannot be completed by communities on their own.”
Core Focus Areas
- Marketing and Communications – Make Southeast Alberta globally competitive by marketing the region on a larger scale and promoting initiatives to attract investment. It is also vital to promote the Palliser Economic Partnership as an effective regional alliance and the region as a healthy place to live and do business.
- Regional Cooperation – Grow and build communities through capacity building and collaboration, ensuring strong, vibrant communities throughout the region. We support balanced and sustainable growth in member communities, building alliances, partnerships and networks that enhance economic development participation inside and outside the region.
- Business Investment – Encourage sustainable economic growth by supporting business retention, economic diversity, investment attraction, industry innovation, and technology adoption and commercialization.
PEP engages in key initiatives that benefit the entire region. These initiatives are driven by marketing the region, building capacity and cooperation within the region through learning and networking opportunities, and actively encouraging investment and business growth.
Some of the recent and future planned Initiatives include:
- Logistics Park Assessment
- High Load Corridor Designation
- Port of Wild Horse
- Regional Broadband
- Eastern Alberta Trade Corridor
- …and more.
For more information, review our Annual Reports or contact us at:
Walter Valentini, Executive Director
Palliser Economic Partnership
Medicine Hat, Alberta T1A 7H1
Toll Free: 1.877.226.7552
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com